Thursday, November 1, 2012

I thought I would give everyone a quick update since last week.
Ive now been in Colorado for just about 2 weeks. It was a very big adjustment at first, but I am now starting to get a little more familiar with things. I have doctor appointments twice a week. I have NST's twice a week, which is fetal non stress tests. This test involves attaching 2 belts around my stomach to measure the fetal heart rate and the baby's movement. I lay they for 20 minutes while everything is being monitored. They also do a ultra sound checking the placenta and the amniotic fluid to make sure everything is going well. I then meet with an OBGYN doctor just like any other pregnant female to go over things thoughout the week. This week they had me a little scared because they thought I might possibly have a blood clot in my lungs. The doctor set me up to do a CT scan, which I was very nervous about because I didn't want my baby to have radiation. After about a 20 minute talk with the radiologist he reassured me this test would be ok and not hurt the baby. The baby would get very little radiation. Off I went to do my scan and then waited patiently for the results. They said everything looked good except my esophagus had something wrong. I don't remember the doctors name of it. Pretty much to sum it up in non doctors terms its why I get heart burn so much worse. I've known about this for a couple years. Nothing to be to worried about.  I've had a good week so far! Starting to meet a few people in the house which is nice. Other then that spending most of the time in my room or at the hospital.  I am very excited to see my mom tonight, she came to stay for a few days! It's been very lonely and I'm sure my mom and dad are about to go nuts with the 25 phone calls a day! I will update again at the beginning of next week when I have my 2 big appointments checking the baby's heart and growth. I just want to thank everyone for their support and prayers, it has meant so much to me! Taking things day by day as of now and he will be here in just a little over 2 weeks! 

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment